About the Product
Since the past 40 years, Evans has been a pioneer of drum head manufacturing and design. It is renowned for the unique and distinct designs such as EMAD, EC2S, and the Hydraulic series. Evans drum heads are made in the USA in a state of the art manufacturing facility. They always strive for excellence and state of the art quality in all the products that they produce. It was acquired in 1996 by D’Addario and Company, the global leader in musical instrument accessories, the Evans brand is equated with robust quality and consistency.
Evans EMAD Onyx Bass Drum Head, 22 Inch is a part of Evans EMAD design line, and the main feature of this line is its Externally Mounted Adjustable Damping System (EMAD). This system permits every player to control the focus and strike of the drum head by selecting one amongst 2 detachable foam damping rings. Selecting the agent foam ring permits for focus and strike while not giving up on resonance, whereas selecting the broader foam ring enhances the low finish and strike of any bass drum. The onyx series perfectly complements the Onyx tom heads and Onyx bass resonant. It is one of the most eclectic pieces to use with the other Onyx products.
For over 40 years, Evans has been a pioneer of drum head manufacturing and design.
This 22-inch drum head has a length of 23.5 inches, breadth of 1.5 inches and a height of 23.2 inches and weighs about 2 pounds. It is available in sizes ranging from 18 inches to 26 inches.
The EMAD Onyx utilizes one ply of 10-mil black film with upgraded EMAD damping ring and a micro-clear coated head that produces more dark sound while delivering an additional punch.
All Evans head are built from scratch in the United States of America.
Though the key advantage of this drum head is the easy and varied muffling options, here are some other significant features:
- It is a highly durable product for a single ply head of 10 mil.
- It is an easy to use tune product that does not lose any sound while playing double bass notes. It has a unique sound clarity and vibrates a lot while playing.
- Experience a superior quality of sound as compared to other drum heads.
- Like all other Bass drums in this design, it comes with an easy tuning option and a better muffling.
- It can be used for different styles of music according to your choice as it can be adjusted easily for different kinds of music depth.
- It has adjustable damping caters to all bass drum tones.
- It is equipped with the latest Level 360 technology that allows it to seat itself properly and in turn provides a head that is easy to tune and a sound that is studio ready.
- It comes with two distinct foam damping ring options for different sound options as per your preferences. Adjust the rings and produce two distinct variety of sound.
How Does It Fare?
Evan’s EMAD design line has many attractive features and performs unlike any other drum set. A revolutionary design at a reasonable cost is worth buying. The best part is that this is perfect for both beginners and advanced drum players, due to its strength, many attractive features and versatility.
As compared to other bass head drums, Evans EMAD fares better at all levels, quality and performance wise. It is a very versatile head for all expressive style applications, a real operating drummer’s alternative
Value for Money
EMAD Onyx Bass Drum Head by Evans is priced at price bracket of $43 to $52 on Amazon and qualifies for free shipping at most states. A used drum will cost you around $24, depending on the seller.
As compared to other similar drum heads, this bass drum head is at par with them in price but is of far superior quality. Plus, the greater sound quality due to the Level 360 technology makes it quite a unique product in the market. It is a perfect product for those who settle for nothing less than best quality and that too at a surprisingly great price when compared with other such products in the market.
Don’t Like this one? Checkout the Below Mentioned Bass Drum Heads Instead: