About the product
Latin Percussion LPA612-VSB LP is one of the best percussion instruments to start out for anybody. They produce a very deep sound, making it a very good percussion instrument. Its large head is quite capable of producing strong and sonorous notes. With the right techniques it produces captivating notes in the lower registers.
It’s a 28’’ narrow, single-headed percussion drum. It has a 12’’ head made of natural rawhide. It has a natural wood finish when it comes to its 2-ply shell. Its rim is reinforced with an E-Z curve. It has a length of 37 inches, breadth of 17 inches and a height of 16 inches. It has an individual weight of 13 kilograms.
Though the key features of this tumbadora is its powerful and distinctive sounds which enrich the user’s experience, here are some of its other features:
- The presence of its 2 ply shell makes it very useful during a musical performance or concerts. The other ply shell is always there to back you in case the first one fails.
- Their black powder coated exteriors give them a pretty sleek and shiny look.
- Compared to other similar products, it is very effective and much better to use.
- It is a pretty easy to fine tune, making it user friendly. A tuning wench is provided to help you further.
- The benefit of being able to use it in any kind of music event makes it a perfect companion for you.
- It also comes along with matching bongos which complete your set for a fantastic music gala.
How does it fare?
The Latin Percussion’s Aspire series is a great way to learn a percussion instrument or to be a master at one. It is highly favored among the hobbyists, learning students and aspiring percussion musicians. They provide a great value for money. Its versatility is one of its biggest strengths and that makes it all the more wanted.
Value for money
At its official website, it costs $325.99 which might seem a little steep. At the same time it costs you about $242.34 at Amazon along with free shipping. It will be wrong to question its pricing because of its high performance and splendid durability. It is an excellently crafted instrument meant to enthrall its users and listeners. If you are willing to settle for a second hand one, you would probably be looking at a price tag of $100 to $200 depending on the seller.
But if you are in the look for a good Tumbadora, then this would be a right fit into your hands and at the same time your pockets!