Roosebeck 18×4 inch Rosewood Bodhran is the perfect beginner instrument for anyone who wants to experience the beauty of a Celtic folk instrument. The head is made out of the traditional Goatskin material and the rim with the sturdy Rosewood. It is tuneable and has a single removable bar for support at the back.
Like most of the Bodhrans, this one too has used natural goatskin material for the head and the rim has been constructed using rosewood. These two materials make it sturdy and attractive looking. It weighs just 0.2 ounces and is therefore light for carrying around and playing. It is the 18 inch model, has a 4 inch depth and its dimensions are: length – 7 inches, breadth – 20 inches and height – 20 inches.
Some of its attractive features are –
- It has been made with 100% natural and genuine materials.
- The Bodhran’s head has been made out of traditional goatskin which gives it the authentic Irish look and feel.
- The rim has been made with beautiful dark brown rosewood. Apart from looking beautiful it is also a sturdy wood.
- It has a single bar at the back for support and comfort of the player and is removable. Single bar also gives more room for movement of the player’s hand.
- This model is tuneable, which means the enthusiasts can play around and set the tone and pitch according to their liking.
- It is ready to play and comes with a tipper and a tuning wrench.
- For a flawless finish the bolt tuning is on the inside of the frame.
- It is extremely lightweight and therefore easy to play with.
How Does It Fare?
The Roosebeck Bodhran gives you a good deal. It is made out of superior quality materials like goatskin and rosewood which make it durable and a long lasting product. Single bar at the back allows room for greater freedom of the player, it is even removable. It produces clear sounds and is tuneable, therefore you can change it according to your style. It is a premium looking Bodhran and you will instantly get hooked to it!
Value For Money
You will have to shell out a few extra bucks but with the quality, build and features you are getting, it is worth it. So hurry up and get one now!