Portability plays a huge role when it comes to speaker functionality. Imagine you have an amazing sounding speaker but you can’t carry it to your camping side, pool parties or just anywhere you might actually need the speaker for the perfect ambience.
The most important features to look for in portable speakers are their build quality so they don’t get damaged while being transported, how lightweight they are, where they have conveniently placed handles and wheels and what kind of outer body protection they have, and their connectivity.
Here are some portable speaker options with wheels so you can take the party anywhere with you.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks
- 1. JBL Partybox 310 Portable Party Speaker
- 2. ECOXGEAR EcoBoulder+ GDI-EXBLD810 Rugged Waterproof
- 3. ION Audio Raptor | Ultra-Portable 100-Watt Wireless Water-Resistant Speaker
- 4. Monster Rockin’ Roller 270 Portable Wireless Speaker
- 5. ION Audio Block Rocker Plus | 100W Portable Speaker
- 6. Dolphin SP-210RBT Portable Bluetooth Party Speaker on Wheels
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall Portable Speaker With Wheels: JBL Partybox 310 Portable Party Speaker
The JBL Partybox 310 is definitely our best pick with its cool features, beautiful lights synced to the music, its portable and water resistant body and the best-in-class JBL sound quality. You have an added benefit of customization with the JBL app.
- Best Waterproof Portable Speaker With Wheels: ECOXGEAR EcoBoulder+ GDI-EXBLD810 Rugged Speaker
With its IP67 100 percent waterproof and dustproof protection, this speaker steals the spot here. You even get a removable waterproof storage in this one to secure your gadgets and other belongings from water. If poolside parties is your niche, you wouldn’t get a better choice than the ECOXGEAR EcoBoulder+
- Portable Speaker With Wheels with longest Battery Life: Monster Rockin’ Roller 270 Portable Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speaker
This speaker offers upto a 100 hours of playtime with its 200 watts power. The 270 degree audio dispersion allows a more balanced, equally distributed sound and the bluetooth connectivity is just perfect, making it a great choice for all your outdoor events.
- Best Budget Portable Speaker With Wheels: ION Audio Block Rocker Plus | 100W Portable Speaker
The ION Audio Block is the most popular choice when it comes to mid-range high performance tailgate portable speakers. You get dynamic sound with wide dispersion, a microphone with cable, a battery life of about 50 hours and dedicated bluetooth track controls, all under $160. Quite a deal if you ask us.
1. JBL Partybox 310 Portable Party Speaker
This 240 watts powerful speaker offers a long lasting battery of upto 18 hours. The portable body comes with ipx4 protection making it splash proof and suitable for rain or shine to take the party everywhere along with you. You get JBL’s amazing sound quality without question with the beautiful party lights dancing synced to the beats of the music. Moreover, you can switch the lights, control tracks and karaoke features simply using the party box app from your phone. What more do you need?
- IPX4 protection waterproof perfect for poolside parties
- Control tracks etc. from the app
- Party lights enhancing night conditions
- Long lasting battery
- Treble might lack in air, app is not always responsive
Boost the sound too much on this one and the neighbors are sure to complain. The JBL Partybox 310 is a brilliant speaker for your indoor and outdoor needs and the handle and wheels make it extremely portable. Basically you’re getting the signature JBL sound which is what you pay for.
2. ECOXGEAR EcoBoulder+ GDI-EXBLD810 Rugged Waterproof
Probably the most rugged built speaker on our list, the ECOXGEAR comes with ip67 international protection standards masking it fully waterproof and dustproof. You could just make it float in your pool, how cool is that! The Bluetooth 4.1 ensures good connectivity upto 100 feet away and you get a battery life of upto 10 hours to get the party going. You get a 2 band bass and treble equalizer and five factory preset settings and a DSP audio chip for high quality sound performance.
- Shock resistant and submersible
- Removable storage compartment
- Dynamic power amplifier of 100 watts
- External microphone for karaoke and PA functions
- Standard AC wall for continuous playback
- Not optimized for guitar play
- Might experience a buzzing noise sometimes
So you might think twice before completely throwing this speaker into a pool, but all your apprehensions aside, this is a great portable speaker on wheels for all your party needs with a rugged built and good bluetooth connectivity. Don’t think twice if you plan on buying this one.
3. ION Audio Raptor | Ultra-Portable 100-Watt Wireless Water-Resistant Speaker
ION speakers are a regular name when it comes to high performing tailgate speakers. The ION Audio Raptor comes with a water resistant ipx4 body so you won’t have to work about leaving it in the rain. The rubber tread body gives it a premium feel with durability. 100 watts of power deliver a deep dynamic sound owing to the robust woofer and wide dispersion tweeters. The rechargeable battery offers upto 75 hours of amazing sound. You get onboard FM/radio with display and seamless connectivity with bluetooth devices.
- Great battery life
- Premium rubber body with ipx4 protection
- Easy portability with telescopic handle and wheels
- Jack and aux inputs
- Distortion on high volumes, no adjustable equalizer
- FM might not be responsive sometimes
The ION Audio Raptor is immensely portable and the speaker has a great overall look and finish. You can easily regulate the bass and treble from your phone because they’re not provided in the speaker, on doing so however, these speakers will sound just as great as any good sounding tailgate.
4. Monster Rockin’ Roller 270 Portable Wireless Speaker
This speaker actually gives you a monster feeling as the name suggests with its stylish design and water resistant body with ipx4 protection. The speaker boasts of a 100 hours of playback supported by the 200 watts power. The coolest feature here is that you could wirelessly charge the speaker using the built-in Qi charger. Talking about the sound, you get a 270 degrees balanced audio perfect for indoors/outdoors gigs. Simply pair the speakers with TWS and there, you’re all set to rock any party.
- Seamless bluetooth pairing
- Bass, treble, LED and volume controls through Monster Zone Control App
- 270° balanced audio for an unmatched experience
- Rugged design with wheels
- Lowering the volume through the speaker might be touch
Needless to say, this speaker is no joke. The sound on this one is really unparalleled and in case you can’t go with the wireless charging there is an USB adapter for normal charging as well. There is little to no distortion even at higher volumes which is really great. The product also comes with a one year warranty.
5. ION Audio Block Rocker Plus | 100W Portable Speaker
This dynamically powerful speaker offers upto 50 hours of playtime owing to a 100 watt peak power amplifier. The design is amazing with a telescoping handle and wheels for ultra portability and ruggedness. You get all bluetooth track controls and pause/play on the speaker itself. A Bass Boost gives you that thumping bass even at low ends. The entire package even comes with an additional microphone alone with an aux cable in case you cannot make use of the bluetooth feature.
- Dynamic lifelike sound and bass boost
- Dedicated track controls, FM/radio buttons
- Telescoping handles placed at convenient spot
- Microphone is provided
- FM reception is not so good
- Heavy to lift
This one right here will hardly disappoint. The sound is truly great with no distortions whatsoever and clear thumping bass no matter how loud you tune the volume. The design is extremely portable and you could control bluetooth playback both through the speaker itself or through your phone, its totally upto you.
6. Dolphin SP-210RBT Portable Bluetooth Party Speaker on Wheels
Last but not the least we have this speaker with bluetooth, FM/radio, aux, mp3 modules all provided. You get seven color LED lights for those perfect party vibes and an LED display as well. The 5 band master equalizer gives you control to the presets and the 3 tweeters and two 10-inch woofers support the sound comparable to any trusted audio company. This speaker has dedicated bass, treble and guitar controls and karaoke function. The battery lasts about 7 hours when played with full volume. The trolley handle and wheels ensure portability.
- Multicolor flashing lights
- Multiple inputs (mic, aux, FM, radio, USB)
- Loud and punchy bass
- Karaoke, guitar, microphone functions included
- Short battery life
- Not water-resistant
This is a pocket-friendly portable speaker option mostly suitable of your in-house requirements although it might even surprise you outdoors. If you’re looking for dedicated EQ controls and a decent sounding speaker which is less pricey this speaker could surely go along with your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the loudest portable Bluetooth speaker?
The New SOUNDBOKS comes off as the loudest portable bluetooth speaker (126 dB) with its Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity and 40 hour battery capacity.
Can I use a portable bluetooth speaker in my car?
Yes. There are dedicated phone bluetooth speakers which can be used for your car allowing hands free calling along with music. Holding a phone while calling is already a dangerous thing to do. However, there will be some charging issues and heating issues because your car is basically a closed space, but portable speakers do make it possible.
Do Bluetooth speakers have a headphone jack?
Bluetooth speakers come with an aux input so that you can play even without bluetooth connectivity. It wouldn’t however, make sense for bluetooth speakers to be connected with a headphone jack. Some models could be played by connecting headphones.
Can you talk through a Bluetooth speaker?
Yes. If they are designed to be used as microphones then you could definitely talk through them. However, if you are trying to talk through any random speaker, it might not work because for talking you will need an in-built mic in the bluetooth speaker.
What’s the best portable Bluetooth speaker?
Depends on the type of portability you’re looking for. The JBL Flip 5, the Tribit Xsound Go etc. are considered some of the best portable bluetooth speakers right now but they are not your typical tailgate speakers and do not come with wheels. The JBL Partybox 310, the SOUNDBOKS, and the ION Audio iPA77 Tailgater, etc. are some wheeled options for you.
Most portable speakers in the market come with Bluetooth pairing which is a must as wires outdoors are highly inconvenient. Long battery life is crucial apart from the sound quality. There are options with rugged construction and telescopic wheels for ultra portability. And of course, make sure to check for aux inputs just in case the situation doesn’t allow using the Bluetooth feature.