Before CDs came along with their laser sensing on metal surface holes, the vinyl was the ultimate champ of recorded music. For music oldies, it still kind off is.
Interestingly, turntables never actually left our homes with the advent of modern day stereo systems. With amazing sound quality and less noise and vibration, belt-drive turntables are quite a hit within the stereo community.
Let’s break the confusion altogether about assembling a stereo system gathering preamps, turntables, cartridges and speakers. Here are the six best stereo systems with turntables that we’ve got eyes on to transcend timelines within the horizons of your living rooms.
- Our Top Picks
- 1. Boytone BT-28SPM, Bluetooth Classic Style Record Player Turntable
- 2. 1byone Wireless Turntable HiFi System with 36 Watt Bookshelf Speakers
- 3. Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-GM Turntable (Gunmetal) Bundle with Knox LP1 Powered Bookshelf Speaker Pair
- 4. DIGITNOW Bluetooth Record Player Turntable with Stereo Speaker
- 5. Crosley CR7017A-BK Coda 3-Speed Bluetooth Turntable and FM Radio Shelf System with Matching Stereo Speakers
- 6. Jensen JMC1250 Bluetooth 3-Speed Stereo Turntable and 3 CD Changer with Dual Cassette Deck (JMC-1250)
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall Stereo with Turntable: Boytone BT-28SPM, Bluetooth Classic Style Record Player Turntable
Definitely our top pick with multiple functions. You get a good-sounding, compact and feature packed stereo system at a reasonable price.
- Best Sounding Stereo with Turntable: 1byone Wireless Turntable HiFi System with 36Watt Bookshelf Speakers
As far as the reviews go on this one, you get the most amazing sounding, loud, crisp and clear stereo experience with this model. The design is heavy and sturdy providing it an old, truly vintage feel.
- Best Looking Stereo with Turntable: Crosley CR7017A-BK Coda 3-Speed Bluetooth Turntable and FM Radio Shelf System
Compact and super-stylish speakers on your mind? Since the Crosley CR7017A-BK is inspired from modern interiors, it is undoubtedly the perfect choice for you. And the compactness doesn’t mean you’re compromising too much on the sound quality in case of this one.
- Stereo System with Best Turntable: Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-GM Turntable (Gunmetal) Bundle with Knox LP1 Powered Bookshelf Speaker Pair
What’s better stereo technology than that of Audio-Technica itself? With the DC-controlled motor and built-in phono preamp, you’re getting the best stereo turntable technology in the market.
This classic wood stereo system could convert records from vinyl, cassette, radio to MP3 and comes equipped with two stereo speakers for wireless Bluetooth music streaming. The large display enables you to view the tracks and control everything easily while there are additional SD card, aux and USB functionality. You could play songs randomly on this one or record USB/SD from the turntable. The sound quality is great with the volume control knob resting on the stereo itself.
- Very compact with stereo, turntable and speakers
- Vinyl to MP3 conversion without a computer
- Programmable memory, CD-R/RW compatible
- Great Bluetooth connectivity
- Nothing that we noticed
This classic stereo system is everything you need as the centerpiece of your living room. The functions provided on this one are not just for show. You could even save your music on SD or flash drives.
The design and sound balance of this stereo system is state of the art. Just like your classic old stereo turntables, this one has got an iron platter for perfect stability, rotation and an adjustable tonearm counterweight producing quite smooth stylus movements preventing distortion or skipping. The speakers are externally powered on this one with the built-in phone line and preamp allowing connection. You can record your vinyls on your computer via USB connection. The speakers feature wireless connection compatible with MP3 devices.
- Adjustable counterweight, anti-skating movement
- High-fidelity music streaming with solid design
- Wireless speaker connectivity with external audio devices
- Unbeatable sound quality
- Everything is manual on this stereo
- No separate bass/treble controls
Excellent sound quality is the one feature that stands out this product from the others. The Bluetooth feature is an added bonus. The wood finish is super rich looking. There’s not much we can criticize this Hifi System for.
3. Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-GM Turntable (Gunmetal) Bundle with Knox LP1 Powered Bookshelf Speaker Pair
The stereo system comes with a fully automatic belt-drive turntable and knox powered bookshelf speakers. The best thing about this product is the phono pre-amplifier to make it compatible with all your audio devices so you could enjoy the vinyl sound. There are two speed settings provided: 33-1/3 RPM and 45 RPM. The design of the product is sleek with a wood finish with reduced resonance and improved tracking. A DC servo controlled motor offers great sound quality.
- Comes with dual magnet cartridge
- Built-in phono amplifier
- Die cast aluminum platter for reduced resonance
- Best-in-class sound quality with powered speakers
- Does not have too many input options
Audio-Technica has made a name for itself in the stereo business and has some of the best turntable models in the market. This bundle saves you the trouble of having to assemble the speakers separately to build a complete system.
The DIGITNOW stereo system comes with two detachable speakers that have a clear, crisp sound quality without any distortion, and a turntable to play vinyl records directly in MP3 format as well as USB/SD recording. The Bluetooth connectivity ensures seamless music streaming from your laptop/mobile phone. The CD changer is so convenient it can record and play just pressing a single button. Three speeds: 33, 45 and 78 RPM are available.
- Aux, FM/radio, CD playability
- LCD screen display and backlight
- No noise from the HiFi speakers
- Remote control included
- Might not rock the entire house
- Controls take some getting used to
This one is a great option with CD and cassette function and could pretty much play any audio source. The stereo comes with a headphone jack as well if you prefer private listening. Just a great deal at a great price.
5. Crosley CR7017A-BK Coda 3-Speed Bluetooth Turntable and FM Radio Shelf System with Matching Stereo Speakers
This one is a vintage inspired stereo system with a fully manual tone arm, adjustable counterweight and pre-mounting magnetic cartridge. Bluetooth functionality lets one wirelessly stream music, you could listen to your favorite FM channel and there is an added aux input. The belt-driven turntable has three speed settings: 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM. Matching stereo speakers deliver an artist like experience while listening to music and look amazing.
- Pre-mounted magnetic moving cartridge
- Digital clock and radio
- Dust cover provided
- Increases the aesthetic of your house with stylish design
- Speakers are pretty compact
- Only for those not wanting too loud music
If you’re looking for a vintage-style stereo turntable with decent speakers on the smaller side and good overall functionality, the Crosley CR7017A-BK is a great option for you. The sound quality might be better than you would anticipate.
6. Jensen JMC1250 Bluetooth 3-Speed Stereo Turntable and 3 CD Changer with Dual Cassette Deck (JMC-1250)
With three speed support: 33, 45 and 78 RPM and the belt drive stereo turntable, this stereo system is compatible with CD-R/RW, FM/audio supports Bluetooth and random play function, has a programmable memory, a backlit LCD display and PLL digital tuning with 20(AM+PM) presets. Other functions include a clock display, sleep and timer, EQ controls and digital volume control. This stereo is pretty easy to operate and has a decent sound quality.
- Comes with a remote control
- Easy to operate, manual provided
- Five mode EQ controls
- A dust cover is provided in the package
- Speaker wire is not long enough
A perfect mini-stereo system for your living room, this one comes feature packed with so many compatibility options. Highly recommended if your requirements are suited to a bedroom or a small apartment.
Frequently Asked Questions
On a complete note, stereo sets save you the trouble of going around hunting for best individual components for your personal record player and are quite economic (do the math). Sure, you might want the best of the best if you’re passionate about the experience, however, beginners could easily delight themselves in the simple pleasures of an assembled stereo-turntable set.