Karaoke is a fun experience. When you and your friends decide for a karaoke night, you’ll probably stumble upon an endless list of karaoke songs. Though many talented musicians are producing greatest hits as we speak, but I don’t think there was a better time than the 90s for the music industry.
After all, the 90s gave birth to a whole range of karaoke hits. If you’re looking for some inspiration, here are a hundred songs from the 90s that people haven’t stopped jamming to.
- 1. One Week – Barenaked Ladies
- 2. TLC – Waterfalls
- 3. Aqua – Barbie Girl
- 4. Smash Mouth – All Star
- 5. The Spice Girls – Wannabe
- 6. Christina Aguilera – Genie In A Bottle
- 7. TLC – No Scrubs
- 8. Hanson – MMMBop
- 9. The Backstreet Boys – I Want It That Way
- 10. Britney Spears – Hit Me Baby One More Time
- 11. The Rembrandts – I’ll Be There For You
- 12. George Michael – Faith
- 13. Mariah Carey – Always Be My Baby
- 14. Duncan Sheik – Barely Breathing
- 15. Green Day – Basket Case
- 16. Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealin’
- 17. Meredith Brooks – Bitch
- 18. Michael Jackson – Black or White
- 19. Deep Blue Something – Breakfast At Tiffany’s
- 20. Vengaboys – Boom Boom Boom Boom
- 21. Ricky Martin – Livin’ La Vida Loca
- 22. Janet Jackson – That’s The Way Love Goes
- 23. A Whole New World – From The ‘Aladdin’ Soundtrack
- 24. Gangsta’s Paradise – Coolio And Stevie Wonder
- 25. Toni Braxton – Un-Break My Heart
- 26. Patrice Rushen – Forget Me Nots
- 27. Ace Of Base – The Sign
- 28. Sugar Ray – Fly
- 29. Mariah Carey feat. Boyz II Men – One Sweet Day
- 30. Montell Jordan – This Is How We Do It
- 31. Mariah Carey – Emotions
- 32. Glenn Medeiros – She Ain’t Worth It
- 33. Elton John – Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- 34. Los Del Rio – Macarena
- 35. Goo Goo Dolls – Iris
- 36. Jennifer Lopez – If You Had My Love
- 37. Lisa Loeb – Stay (I Missed You)
- 38. Madonna – This Used To Be My Playground
- 39. Celine Dion (From the Titanic Soundtrack) – My Heart Will Go On
- 40. Aerosmith (From The Film, Armageddon) – I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
- 41. Christina Aguilera – What A Girl Wants
- 42. Prince – Cream
- 43. Janet Jackson – Black Cat
- 44. Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling In Love With You
- 45. Michael Bolton – When A Man Loves A Woman
- 46. Mariah Carey – Honey
- 47. No Doubt – Don’t Speak
- 48. Bryan Adams, Sting And Rod Stewart (From the Three Musketeers Soundtrack) – All For Love
- 49. Natalie Imbruglia – Torn
- 50. NAUL – Memory Of The Wind
- 51. Boyz II Men – On Bended Knee
- 52. Whitney Houston – All The Man I Need
- 53. Whitney Houston/Dolly Parton – I Will Always Love You
- 54. Savage Garden – I Knew I Loved You
- 55. Madonna – Vogue
- 56. Celine Dion – Because You Loved Me
- 57. Earth, Wind And Fire/ Black Box – Fantasy
- 58. Bryan Adams – (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
- 59. Red Hot Chili Peppers- Aeroplane
- 60. NSYNC – A Little More Time On You
- 61. Savage Garden – Affirmation
- 62. England United – On Top Of The World
- 63. Brandy – Afrodisiac
- 64. Belinda Carlisle – The Same Thing
- 65. Damage – After The Love Has Gone
- 66. Prince – 1999
- 67. Spice Girls – 2 Become 1
- 68. 21st Century Girls – 21st Century Girls
- 69. Garth Brooks – Ain’t Goin Down Till The Sun Comes Up
- 70. Boyzone – All That I Need
- 71. Westlife – Seasons In The Sun
- 72. Shania Twain – Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under
- 73. Shania Twain – You’re Still The One
- 74. Shania Twain – From This Moment On
- 75. The Offspring – Smash It Up
- 76. Nirvana – All Apologies
- 77. Shania Twain – Man! I Feel Like A Woman
- 78. Eagles – Love Will Keep Us Alive
- 79. Bryan Adams feat. Barbra Streisand – I Finally Found Someone
- 80. 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite
- 81. Guns N’ Roses – Civil War
- 82. The Pretenders – I’ll Stand By You
- 83. George Michael – Outside
- 84. Boyzone – When The Going Gets Tough
- 85. 5ive – Keep On Movin’
- 86. Lenny Kravitz – Are You Gonna Go My Way?
- 87. Pearl Jam – Last Kiss
- 88. Wilson Phillips – Hold On
- 89. Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
- 90. Toni Braxton – Another Sad Love Song
- 91. David Bowie – Jump They Say
- 92. Cleopatra – Life Ain’t Easy
- 93. Kylie Minogue – Breathe
- 94. Cher – Believe
- 95. The Cranberries – Linger
- 96. Blink 182 – What’s My Age Again
- 97. Billy Ray Cyrus – Achy Breaky Heart
- 98. Linkin Park – One Step Closer
- 99. Robbie Williams – Strong
- 100. Oasis – Wonderwall
This is one of those hipster songs that everyone gets crazy over. The weird lyrics and fun beat make it a raving karaoke song. Your self esteem will be through the roof after singing this song. Also, your friends will probably respect you much more.
Being the band’s most known song, One Week became a hit in 1998 mainly because of its pop culture references. This is an alternative-rock song that you will definitely rock. I am sure you won’t be able to stop yourself from belting this song.
No one can forget TLC, they are one of the best girl groups of their time. Although the group grew into fame with their song “No Scrubs” – this track isn’t too shabby either. Waterfalls didn’t only have a great music video. The song was praised for its memorable lyrics as well – “Don’t go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to.”
With this song, you’ll have a memorable and lyrically brilliant karaoke night.
This is a classic 90s jam. Based on the ever so fabulous Barbie doll, Aqua’s song rose to fame and has reserved a place in history. The funky pop beat and the quirky lyrics make it even more catchy. Regardless of whether you liked barbie growing up or not, you sure will enjoy bopping to this famous 90s song.
Ah the ever so popular, All star. This track was a raging hit amongst the folks of 1999 and was performed in almost every talent show back in the day. The strong lyrics and beats make it a 90s karaoke hit.
You’ve been living under a rock if you haven’t heard of Wannabe. The Spice girls’ hit song became everyone’s instant jam. This is truly a song that no one would ever forget, even today.
Being one of the best pop songs of all time, it is everyone’s favorite. This track is the epitome of what pop songs should sound and feel like. Enjoy jamming to this one with your girlfriends.
Apart from the awesome choreography, Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera has an awesome melody. A catchy pop song that every karaoke singer has to sing.
This is one of the most iconic TLC songs of all time. As we said earlier, this song did a whole bunch for the girl group’s career. Catchy and independent, this song is perfect for a girl’s night out
This song is a karaoke favorite and you can’t possibly leave a karaoke place without screeching out No Scrubs’ lyrics. If you’re looking for good karaoke songs, this is the one.
We can’t forget boy band hits. Hanson came out with their song MMMBop in 1997 and a bop it was!
Its catchy beats led us straight to that boy band feel and pop beauty. Truly a jam, you’ll find yourself trying to nail the chorus again and again.
The 90s had lots of love for this boy-band. The Backstreet Boys were known for their appeals and ever so precise lyrical ability. I Want It That Way was one of their best songs.
Bring back the nostalgia of the 90s with this hit. It is known as one of the best pop ballads of all time. Talking about a relationship strained by matters of emotional or physical distance, the song became an instant karaoke wonder.
This song is a Britney classic and a karaoke necessity. The legend’s hit song became a classic bop after its release. The perfect teen pop song for a karaoke night with your friends. Released in 1998 in Britney’s early days, this song is sure of bringing your inner diva out.
Known more popularly as the popular sitcom, Friends’ theme song, I’ll Be There For You is a great song. This track was a hit among all 90s folks. If you want a hint of nostalgia this is great song for a karaoke night. Test out your clapping abilities with this 90s hit.
This late singer was known for his upbeat songs. Faith is the perfect 90s karaoke song. You can sing this with utmost enthusiasm.
After producing the track with the best producer of the 90s, Mariah made a classic with it. Forgetting about the long lasting duration of a relationship, Always Be My Baby has a great beat and is known for its sweet melody at the hook of the song. If you’re looking for a Mariah Carey hit to sing, this is probably one of the best.
Sheik must be glad he didn’t end up using this song as a throwaway. This is because Barely Breathing shockingly became a breakout hit and still remains one of his best 90s karaoke songs yet.
There’s nothing like a Green Day song to let out all your frustrations. Basket Case in particular is quite quirky. Released in 1994, the song speaks out anxiety and letting out one’s feelings
Forgetting the deep meaning, it still makes for a great karaoke shout-off that will probably alert the police.
Another classic rocker song, Been Caught Stealin’ has made it all the way to video games, Television shows, movies and of course, to your singing karaoke machine. No matter what style of music you are into, you’ll be head-banging to this hit for sure.
Don’t be mistaken for its absurd title, for this track has shockingly even been nominated for a Grammy award. Released back in 1997, the song is one of the best feminist focused songs out there. Apart from the beat and vibe of the song, this is was the major reason for its success. You can jam out to this hit with your girls for a female centric night out.
Ah, you know we had to add in a Michael Jackson song in the list. The king of pop had undoubtedly numerous hits. However, this one in particular has a quirky concept to it. Released in 1991, the song talks about racial peace and the importance of non-discrimination. Besides that, it makes a great Karaoke song!
Not to be mistaken for the classic 60s movie of the same name starring Audrey Hepburn, this is a song that was released in 1995. Deep Blue Something received much praise for this track. This is surely an alternative-rock song that you can’t forget to scream on your wireless karaoke microphone.
A 1999 release, this is the group’s second most known song. Since it is from a Eurodance group, it is very dance oriented. Enjoy grooving out to this song with your mates whilst blasting it through the karaoke mixer amplifier.
From the famous Latino singer, Ricky Martin, this song is known for its karaoke’ness. Released in 1999, it is one of the biggest hits the singer has ever produced. However, we’d like to see any non-latino try and nail the lyrics during karaoke!
A 1993 release, this song was a romantic ballad sweet for the ears. The slow but soulful beat makes it a great karaoke song that no one has yet forgotten.
The Disney animated film, Aladdin received lots of appreciation from not only children, but adults as well. What was also captivating was the film’s soundtrack. A Whole New World is a great song to let your inner inhibitions in the dreamy and soulful way of Disney tradition.
This song was a sort of mixture of Stevie Wonder’s song, ‘Pastime Paradise and Coolio’s own lyrics. It has gone on record as Billboard’s Greatest Songs Of All Time.
Although it was disliked by the singer initially, this song won a Grammy award. This is one ballad you wouldn’t want to miss singing.
This is the song that Patrice Rushen is most notable for. The song is about one wanting to rekindle with an ex-partner, for which she gives her partner “forget me nots”. These symbolize flowers given in medieval times in the absence of a partner.
This is a hit from Swedish band, Ace of Base. Coming from a European band, it became an international success. It reached the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States Of America. Also, it was the top song on the 1994 charts and still hails as a popular karaoke song. Although the song is about a sad relationship, the upbeat chorus seals the deal.
28. Sugar Ray – Fly
This is a hit song from the 90s rock band, Sugar Ray. It was also released as a separate version on the band’s album with reggae artist, Super Cat who was featured on the track. Being the band’s first and most known hit, the song skyrocketed through the charts. However, it is still well known as a karaoke wonder.
The combination between an R&B group and a pop songstress had never been better. The song speaks about the death of a loved one and how “one sweet day” they would see them again in heaven. Both the artists wrote the song about specific people in their lives, making it even more personal and heartfelt. You will enjoy belting out this one. There are many more karaoke duet songs to come.
Something that not many people are of aware of today, is that this was the debut single of singer Montell Jordan. It reached the Billboard Hot 100 list and was also nominated for the prestiged Grammy award back in 1995.
Picked from her 1991 album of the same name, Emotions was a soothing pop sensation. Who can forget this iconic song which was one of the few in which we got to witness Carey’s beautiful whistle register. The track was inspired by 1970’s disco and is a hit even today.
32. Glenn Medeiros – She Ain’t Worth It
This track was American-Portugues singer, Glenn Medeiros’ first and only hit in the US. Although it was a rookie hit, it is still enjoyed by many even today.
Although this song was released originally in 1974, it found raging success after being sung as a live version by Elton John himself and British singer George Michael. The cover was a hit and reached number one in both the US as well as the UK.
Who could forget this hit Spanish dance song from the 90s? Macarena, a song written about a woman of the same name, was a raging track since its release. It is a song that is still enjoyed at events and you guessed it, karaoke!
This is a song by the alternative rock band, Goo Goo Dolls. Released in 1998, this track was greatly responsible for the band’s success and still stands as one of the band’s best songs. It is also known as the most played song of the year 1998.
Who could forget the year Jennifer Lopez debuted as a singing artist? In fact, this track was from her debut album, On The 6, and was released in 1999. The song is a mixture of pop and R&B influences.
From the original soundtrack of the movie, Reality Bites in 1994, this track was written and composed by Lisa Loeb. It had also made it to the Billboard Hot 100 that year and remains one of the singer’s best hits.
38. Madonna – This Used To Be My Playground
How can we have a best song list and not include pop queen, Madonna? The track This Used To Be My Playground was composed as a theme for the film A League Of Their Own which was released in 1992.
It is next to impossible to forget this famous song from the tragic yet iconic movie, Titanic. Apart from the actors starring in the film, this track was remembered as well. It was the main theme song for the film. It was recorded by Celine Dion in 1997 and has become a memorable karaoke hit even today.
I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing is a track by hard rock band, Aerosmith back in 1998. A power ballad, it was composed to be a part of the soundtrack for the film, Armageddon. It was the band’s first number one hit and is also one of the most memorable songs that the band have put out.
Right after the hit single, Genie In A Bottle, Christina brings another hit. It was also very similar to the stylings of her previous hit song. It was a pop and R&B fusion song and did rather well.
42. Prince – Cream
Prince was known for his versatile music and fashion. Keeping that in mind comes a famous track of his called Cream. Released in 1991, the song stayed at number one position for over two weeks on the charts.
Black Cat was a track released by singer Janet Jackson back in 1990. With this track, the singer brought out a versatile side of artistry. She did so by staying away from her usual dance pop scene and turning to heavy metal in this track.
This is one song that will forever be timeless. Although it was released in 1961 as a pop ballad, it still was famous in the 90s. This was made as a pop ballad based on the song from an 18th century film.
Michael Bolton recorded his version oF Percy Sledge’s single, When A Man Loves A Woman in 1991. It peaked at number one at the Billboard Hot 100 chart. There are similar covers like this that did wonderfully.
It is no surprise as to why we have included so many Mariah Carey songs on this list. It is definitely because Carey has proved herself as the queen of karaoke with her music over the years. Which is why here comes another hit called Honey. Released in 1997, this track pushed Carey further into the world of hip hop genre music.
Written by singer, Gwen Stefani and her brother Eric, Don’t Speak was a break up song. The song topped charts all over the world and is still a major hit even today.
Released in 1993, the track was given out to the public as a cd. Along with the movie, the soundtrack did just as successfully and was well known worldwide.
Although it was written by Phil Thornalley in 1993, it is best known worldwide as Natalie Imbruglia’s debut single three years later. The song has topped charts all over and is known widely as a cover song. This is because it has been widely covered by a lot of other artists since its release.
50. NAUL – Memory Of The Wind
Calling all K-pop fans! If you’ve been a part of k-pop fandom, we’re sure you’ve heard this song before. Many Korean artists perform this song and it is quite popular there in South Korea. A sentimental ballad, Memory Of The Wind has become quite popular in the karaoke world. The song has become a karaoke classic since it was released. You’ll be sure of pouring your heart out with this track.