Karaoking is essentially bathroom singing but in public. The water you bathe in becomes alcohol. You’re a karaoking Jesus– because JC turns water into wine.
Karaoke nights are an occasion in itself.
You’re headed to a party and the minute you find out that it is karaoke night, it’s a different ball-game for you that night. You eat a couple of lozenges, practice some notes (off-tune or not) and prepare yourself for a night full of singing.
What most of us don’t really do is; figure out what we want to sing? Now, if you’re a regular karaoke performer, you probably have a list of top 5 songs that you indefinitely sing. What’s the fun in playing this safe?
Let’s rollback. Most people born in the 80s are known for their unabashed goofiness and the rejection of self-consciousness. Some advice coming your way… we need to bring this back or else we’re going to die a boring generation with too many problems. That got too real.
My point is, there’s nothing like the 80s music that will make your hips swing and let your hair loose.
So, for your next karaoke session, I have prepared a list of the best 80s karaoke songs:
- 1. FOOTLOOSE – Kenny Loggins
- 2. Another One Bites The Dust – QUEEN
- 3. Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
- 4. Take On Me – a-ha
- 5. I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll – Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- 6. Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- 7. Hit Me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benetar
- 8. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndie Lauper
- 9. Total Eclipse of the Heart – Bonnie Tyler
- 10. I Want To Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
- 11. Walk Like an Egyptian – The Bangles
- 12. Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
- 13. What’s Love Got To Do With It – Tina Turner
- 14. Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
- 15. Summer of 69- Bryan Adams
- 16. Wake Me Before You Go Go – George Michael and WHAM!
- 17. What I Like About You – The Romantics
- 18. You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
- 19. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- 20. Rock You Like a Hurricane – Scorpions
- 21. Africa – TOTO
- 22. Material Girl – Madonna
- 23. Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the Waves
- 24. Relax – Frankie Goes to Hollywood
- 25. Whip it – Devo
- 26. Every Breath You Take – The Police
- 27. Under Pressure – David Bowie and Queen
- 28. You Spin Me ‘Round (Like A Record) – Dead or Alive
- 29. When Doves Cry – Prince
- 30. Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- 31. Mickey – Toni Basil
- 32. Uptown Girl – Billy Joel
- 33. The Tide Is High – Blondie
- 34. Let’s Go Crazy – Prince And The Revolution
- 35. Smooth Criminal – Michael Jackson
- 36. Somebody’s Watching Me – Rockwell
- 37. The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
- 38. On the Radio – Donna Summer
- 39. We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off – Jermaine Stewert
- 40. Careless Whisper – George Michael, WHAM!
- 41. Every Little Step – Bobby Brown
- 42. Into The Groove – Madonna
- 43. La Bamba- Los Lobos
- 44. Dancin’ In the Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- 45. Bust A Move – Young MC
- 46. It’s A Sin – Pet Shop Boys
- 47. Off The Wall – Michael Jackson
- 48. Sunday Bloody Sunday – U2
- 49. I Just Died In Your Arms – Cutting Crew
- 50. The Final Countdown – Europe
That’s it, folks. You and I both know that there won’t be another time like the good old 80s. Hope this list gets you karaoking till your heart’s content. You can connect your speakers and machine to your TV and karaoke at home using Youtube as well.